Leonard Rouse, Littletown and Robertown|
Baptism: No later than 1567. Parents unknown.
Marriage: No later than 1587. Wife, unknown
Death of Mrs. Rouse: Wife of Leonard Rouse of Littletown
buried April 13, 1607
- Burial , unbaptized daughter of Leonard Rouse
buried May 19, 1588
Joseph of Leonard Rouse of Littletown, April 1, 1590
Burial: Joseph of Leonard Rouse of Lt. was buried on November 2, 1590
of Leonard Rouse of Littletown, November 1, 1591
Further records: None
Baptism: Steven of Leonard Rouse of Robertown, February 3, 1593/4
Further record: None
- Samuel Rouse (1596-1665) and Alice Jackson, Liversedge
Baptism: Samuel of Leonard Rouse of Robertown November 7, 1596
Marriage: Samuel Rouse married Alice Jackson on February 3, 1630.
Note: Samuel would have been 34 years old at the time of the marriage to Alice.
Death of Samuel Rouse: 1665, Aug 9, Samuel Rawse of Castlehouse Hill. Thanks to Stuart Starkey
for pointing this out, February 2010.
- Isabel Rouse and William Copley
Birth: Isabel, of Samuel "Rows" of Little Liversedge January 6, 1632/33.
Further records: None
In February 2010 Stuart Starkey wrote that he believed that Rouse married "William
Copley, yeoman of Kirkheaton in 1654/5 but there are no Birstall marriages
for those two years. The only thing that makes me think that she was Isabel
Rouse was that in his will of 1677 William mentioned Richard Rouse." See below.
- Infant of Samuel Rouse of Littletown buried December 18, 1636
- Richard Rouse and Deborah Wooley, Liversedge
Birth: Richard son of Samuel Rouse of Liversedge, January 23, 1637/38.
Marriage: Richard Rouse married Deborah Wooley, August 13, 1673.
Note: This would mean he was 36 at the time of the marriage.
Death of Richard Rouse: Richard Rouse of Littletown, householder, buried July 16, 1719
Birth: Martha of Richard Rouse of Castlehouse Hill, August 29, 1675.
Further records: None
Birth: Anne of Richard Rouse of Little Liversedge, October 21, 1677
Death: Ann Rouse of Liversedge buried September 1, 1713.
- Richard Rouse and Alice ???, Liversedge
Birth: Richard, the son of _____ Rouse of Littletown was baptized on
September 18, 1679
Death of Alice Rouse: Alice wife of Richard Rouse of HT buried 22 September 1756
Mary d Richard Rowse of Long L, June 3, 1716 (PRB)
Death: Mary d Richard Rowse of L, June 4, 1716 (PRB)
- Martha d Richard Rowse of Long L, April 15, 1717 (PRB)
Death: Martha d of Richard Rowse of Long L, April 17, 1717 (PRB)
- Ann d Richard Rowse of Long L, February 2, 1717/18 (PRB)
Death: Ann d Richard Rowse of Long L February 4, 1717/18 (PRB)
Death of Richard Rouse:
Birth: Rachael of Richard Rouse of Liversedge November 2, 1679
Further records: None
Note: This birth is too close to that of Richard in September 18, 1679
Note: The PRB says Richard Rowse of LT (Littletown) July 16, 1719 (PRB)
Question? Was this Richard born in 1637 (he would have been 82) or his son, Richard, born in
1679 (he would have been 40)?
Death of Deborah Wooley Rouse: Unknown
Birth: Alice, daughter of Samuel Rouse of Liversedge, was
baptized August 16, 1640.
Marriage: Alice Rouse married James Law in 1664
- William Rouse and Alice Pearson, Liversedge
Birth: William of Samuel Rouse of Liversedge, baptized June 12, 1642
Marriage: William Rouse married Alice Pearson of Heaton, May 15, 1668
Note: According to a note in the YAS listing "May 15, 1668 by license
William Rawse (Rouse, clothier 24 of Littletown) and Alice Pearson (spinster 21 of Heaton)"
Death of William Rouse: William Rouse buried October 17, 1700.
- Daughter, of William Rouse of Cleckheaton, January 20, 1670
- Elizabeth, of William Rouse of Cleckheaton, November 13, 1671
- Samuel of William Rouse of H baptized ____ 1674.
Death: Samuel Rouse of Cleckheaton buried 6 March 1734/35
- James of William Rouse of Littletown, September 3, 1675
- Caleb of William Rouse of Liversedge, September 15, 1679
Death of Sarah wife of Caleb Rouse: Sarah wife of Caleb Rouse of Robertown buried 18 April 1754
Seven Year Break
- Mary of William Rouse of H March ?, 1686/7
- Grace of William Rouse of Heckmondwike, September 26, 1686
- Check the last two births. They are too close together
- There are several places listed, Cleckheaton, Littletown and Liversedge.
Does this represent one or more William Rouse?
Question? Who is this William Rouse?
Burial: Elizabeth daughter of William Rowse of C (Cleckheaton), March 18, 1709/19 (PRB)
Deaths of Alice Rouse:
Alice, wife of William Rouse of Cleckheaton, was buried September 15, 1721
Death of William Rouse: William Rouse of C widower March 15, 1723/24 (PRB)
- Infant of Samuel Rouse of Little Liversedge buried October 7, 1644
Birth: Samuel of Samuel Rouse of Little Liversedge baptized April 14, 1646.
Burial: Samuel of Samuel Rouse of Little Liversedge buried May 16, 1646
- Infant of Samuel Rouse of Little Liversedge buried July 7, 1648
- Infant of Samuel Rouse of Little Liversedge buried June 11, 1650
- Infant of Samuel Rouse of Little Liversedge buried December 25, 1651
- Richard of Leonard Rouse of Littletown, March 23, 1599/1600
Further records: None
Death of Leonard Rouse: No death for Leonard Rouse
In the YAS indexes, the records for Leonard Rouse are alternately listed as LT (Littletown) or RT
(Robertown). Littletown, AKA Little Liversedge and Robertown are both in the township of
Isabel Rouse and William Copley
In March 2010 Stuart Starkey shared the following information on
"I believe that William Copley was born in Kirkheaton about 1631.
His brother Richard
was baptised in 1628 and his brother George was baptised in 1636 so I have to place
his birth somewhere between the two.
These are the Copley records from the parish of Birstall:
You can see why I assume the marriage would have been 1654 or 1655 but as
I said there are no marriage records for those two years.
- 29 August 1655 Richard of William Copley of Little Town burial
- 29 June 1656 Mary of William Copley of Little Town baptised
- 3 July 1659 Martha of William Copley of Stubley baptised
- 28 December 1660 a child of William Copley of Stubley buried
- 28 May 1663 Sarah of William Copley of Stubley baptised
- 13 July 1663 Sarah of William Copley of Stubley buried
- 1 January 1665 Samuel of William Copley of Heckmondwike baptised
- 13 March 1665 Samuel of William Copley of Heckmondwike buried
- 5 August 1668 Elizabeth of William Copley of Heckmondwike baptised
- 3 November 1670 William of William Copley of Heckmondwike baptised- died 5 April 1738
- 20 June 1677 William Copley of Heckmondwike buried
- 1 July 1678 Martha of William Copley of Heckmondwike buried
There was another William Copley in the Birstall area but he was slightly later:
- 11 February 1679 William Copley & Sibble Chadwicke married
- 23 December 1680 an infant of William Copley of Birstall buried
This is a transcript of the will of William Copley, yeoman who was buried 20 June 1677:
"I William Copley of Heckmondwike, sick in body etc....
Manner and form following, first and principally before all things (bit about God).
The disposing of all the messuages, lands, sents? and herediments with the appurtments
of all my goods, chattels and person effects whatsoever, give, devise and bequest as
Isabell my wife shall have all her rights out of all my lands and tenements according to the
custom of the .. wherein..I do give and bequest all my other lands and tenements unto
Isabelle my wife to have hold and enjoy the same during and until my son William shall or
might be...accomplish the age of 21 years (if Isabell remains unmarried employed
towards his education and putting him to be an apprentice and also towards the
education of my daughters Martha Copley and Elizabeth Copley but if she shall be
married or die before the said William Copley my son attains the age of 21 years then
give bequest the firth? of my lands aforesaid unto Richard Copley of Kirkheaton my
brother Richard Rouse and Joseph Walter the younger of Liversedge yeoman to have
and to hold the same...until son William Copley reaches full age upon trust and
considered for the uses above)
My will and mind is that whereas I purchased three closes of land of Adam Richard
yeoman to me my executors administrators and assigns for divers years
or..to..and..period called by the several names of Nether Nunne royd the North Nunne
royd and the South Nunne royd or by what other names to same closes or any of them...
have there upon built...dwelling house wherein I now said with barn or shopp and all other
buildings to the same belonging in Heckmondwike in my tenure to William Copley my
....to children of Richard if William dies (I think) and heirs of George Copley late of
Wheatley Hill in the parish of Hoyland my brother.
One close of land and meadow and pasture called Marr/Narr? Over Nunne royd which I
late purchased to my heirs of Mathew Statcher of Morley the elder and Mathew Statcher
the younger his son with appurtments in Heckmondwike.
I don't have either a burial or a marriage for Isabelle Copley
after the death of William."
Odd Records for Rouse
Robert "Rowe" married Margaret Ellis, August 24, 1576
Margaret Rouse married John Baulme July 8, 1582
Anne Rouse married Thomas Robinson, February 6, 1585/6
Alice Rouse married William Sharpus June 27, 1598
Jane Rouse of Liversedge was buried January 15, 1616/17
Mary Rouse married Michael Drake January 14, 1702
Richard Bywater and Mercy Rouse May 11, 1704
Elizabeth Rowse married Auilla Brathwaite of Long L June 20, 1705 (PRB)
Death of Ann Rows of Long L, September 1, 1713 (PRB)
Elizabeth Rouse of Hightown spinster buried 7 May 1737
Peter Rouse of Hunsworth
Burial: Wife of Peter Rouse buried January 6, 1582/3, no place
Death: Wife of Peter Rouse of Miln Brigg buried February 26, 1587/8
Marriage: Peter Rouse married Alice Mills November 6, 1592
Death: Peter Rouse of Hunsworth April 9, 1598
- A footnote in the YAS indexes and indicates that Peter Rouse
of Hunsworth had his will proved on May 31, 1598
Hunsworth is several miles north west of Littletown and Robertown.
Marriage: William Rouse married Agnes Wood June 28, 1584
- Peter of William Rouse January 10, 1584/5
- Edward of William Rouse November 1, 1586
- Hannah of John Rouse of Liversedge, date? 16??
Tom (?) Rouse
Jonathan Rouse of Long Liversedge
Ann of Tom Rouse (?) of Heckmondwike, April 12, 1678
Baptism: Date, place, and parents unknown
Marriage: The IGI lists the wife of
Jonathan Rouse of Birstall parish as, Mary, circa 1695 (LDS submission)
Death: Gennet wf of Jonathan Rowse of Long L, December 16, 1719 (PRB)
- William of Jonathan Rouse of Long Liversedge, January 24, 1696/7
- Thomas of Jonathan Rouse (No place), December 25, 1698.
Note: PBR says Littletown
- Joseph of Jonathan Rows of Long L, November 2, 1701
Death: Joseph of Jonathan Rowse of Long L, February 18, 1719/20 (PRB)
- Jonathan of Jonathan Rowse of Long L, Feb 20, 1703/04 (PRB)
- Joshua of Jonathan Rowse of Long L May 19, 1706 (PRB)
- Caleb s Jonathan Rowse of Long L, November 7, 1708 (PBR)
- John s Jonathan Rowse of Long L November 1, 1710/11 (PRB)
- Mary d Jonathan Rowse of Long L October 4, 1712 (PRB)
Death: Mary d Jonathan Rowse of Long L, March 7, 1715/15 (PRB)
- Susanna d Jonathan Rowse of Long L, April 11, 1714 (PRB)
Death: Susanna d Jonathan Rowse of Long L, February 14, 1719/20 (PRB)
- Mary d Jonathan Rowse of Long L January 6, 1715/16 (PRB)
- Rachael d Jonathan Rowse of L, November 16, 1718 (PRB)
- Elizabeth of Jonathan Rowse of Long L August 27, 1721 (PRB)
Joseph of Jonathan Rowse of HT (Hightown), September, 8, 1723 (PRB)
Death of Jonathan Rouse: Jonathan Rouse of Hightown
householder buried 14 December 1729
Death: Elizabeth Rouse of Hightown, spinster, 7 May 1737
Joseph Rouse of Long Liversedge
Baptism: Date place and parents unknown
Alice daughter of Joseph Rouse of Long Liversedge, baptized June 3, 1688
Death: Alice daughter of Joseph Rouse of Long Liversedge, buried February
- Alice daughter of Joseph Rouse of Long Liversedge buried February 19, 1699/1700
- Joshua of Joseph Rouse of Long L, June 25, 1693
- William of Joseph Rouse of Long Liversedge, March 15, 1695/6
- Susanna d Joseph Rowse of Long L, August 7, 1709
- Abel s Joseph Rowse of Long L, February 11, 1710/11 (PRB)
Death of Hannah wife of Abel Rouse: Hannah wife of Abel Rouse of Highntown buried 31 October 1737
- Tabitha of Joseph Rowse of L, November 2, 1712 (PRB)
- Joseph of Joseph Rowse of L, July 17, 1715 (PRB)
- Samuel s Joseph Rowse of Long Loovrsedge (sic), June 11, 1717
- Richard s Joseph Rowse of L, December 7, 1718 (PRB)
- Martha d Joseph Rowse of Long L, July 30, 1721 (PRB)
- Phebe d Joseph Rowse of Long L, May 19, 1723 (PRB)
Death: Martha wf Joseph Rowse of Long L, July 20, 1718 (PRB)
Question? Who was this Martha Rowse? The IGI lists a marriage of
Joseph Rouse to Martha Blaymirere 12 May 1680 Birstall (LDS submission)
Death: Joseph Rowse of Hightown, August 7, 1723 (PRB)
Richard Rouse of Heckmondwike
Richard of Richard Rouse of Heckmondwike, January 27, 1688/89
Death: Richard son of Richard Rouse of Heckmondwike buried
April 9, 1689
- Bethiah daughter of Richard Rose of Heckmondwike, February 9, 1689/90
William Rouse of Long L
Marriage: William Rowse of Long L and Marrable Cordely, March 10, 1716
Death: William Rowse of Long L, May 24, 1720 (PRB) Question?
Who is this William Rowse?
Sarah d William Rowse of Long L, March 24, 1716/17 (PRB)
- Zechariah s William Rowse of L, March 8, 1718/19 (PRB)
Death: Zechariah d William Rowse of Hightown, July 1, 1723 (PRB)
- Dorothie d William Rowse of Long L, November 8, 1719 (PRB)
- Christiania d William Rowse of Long L, November 19, 1721 (PRB)