The Lockwood connection to the Lands|
Frances Lockwood married Joseph Siddle in Barley Parish in 1794.
Frances and Joseph were the parents of Elizabeth Siddle who married Robert Walker.
Elizabeth and Robert where the parents of Sarah who married George Sykes.
Sarah and George were the parents of Elizabeth who marrried Law Land.
Thomas Lockwood and Ann Oldroyde
Birth of Thomas Lockwood: No later than 1752, son of John, (per baptism of Elizabeth
in 1780). Not in Mirfield or Batley (IGI)
Marriage: Ann Oldroyde daughter of John Oldroyde, per baptismal record of Elizabeth
No marriage in Mirfield, Batley or elsewhere listed on the IGI.
Samuel son of Joseph Sidall 22 March 1799 St Peters Leeds (indexes)
Lydia Siddle (1802) and William Holiday
Frances Lockwood and Joseph Siddle
Birth: Frances of Thomas Lockwood, of Mirfield, February 2, 1772 (NOI)
- This was the only child of Thomas Lockwood baptized in Mirfield parish according to the IGI.
- There were a fair number of Lockwoods in Mirfield parish.
- While Frances was not one of the most common names of the time it was popular in the
Lockwood family. However, there were no other Frances' in Mirfield or Batley parishes.
Marriage: Joseph Siddle married Frances Lockwood 1794 in Batley Parish.
Children: <> The following information on the children of Frances Lockwood and
Jospeh Siddle is the short version. For details on the children, grand children etc of Frances Lockwood and Joseph Siddle go to
Siddle now or at the bottom of the page.<>
- James, the son of Joseph Seidel of Gildersome, clothier, the son of Henry, by
Frances, his wife, daughter of Thomas Lockwood, was born on November 6, and
baptized on December 25, 1794. (Church of England Records Batley parish).
- Sampson Siddle (1796) married Mary Best
Sampson Siddle married Mary Best
- Joseph Siddle (1819) and Martha Burnley
Marriage: MARTHA BURNLEY
Death of Joseph Siddle: Between September and December 1892
in Hunslet, WRY (Source: St Catherine's's index.)
HANNAH SIDDLE, b. 1844, Holbeck
- SARAH FRANCES SIDDLE, b. 1846, Holbeck
- FANNY SIDDLE b. 1847 Holbeck
- MARY EMMA SIDDLE, b. 1850, Holbeck
Walter Siddle (1852) and Margaret Durham
WALTER SIDDLE, b. 1852, Holbeck, WRY;
Marriage: MARGARET DURHAM
- HENRY SIDDLE, b. 1855, Holbeck
- CAROLINE SIDDLE, b. 1857, Holbeck
- ELIZA SIDDLE, b. 1863,
Marriage: SIDDLE, Eliza to RUDD, Jabez,
- Mary Ann, born Gildersome circa 1824 (1851 census)
- Fanny 1830, Leeds
Death: Fanny Siddle 1832
- Charles Siddle (1834) married Mary Crossland
Birth: Charles 1834
Marriage: MARY CROSSLAND, 1864
Death of Mary Crossland Siddle: Unknown
1865 and Albert Platt
Marriage: Albert Platt in Hunslet in 1887
- Ada, 1892
- MARY ANNA SIDDLE, b. Bet. 4 April 1867 - 3 April 1868,
- JOSEPH SIDDLE, b. Bet. 4 April 1870 - 3 April 1871,
Hunslet, WRY (Source: Census 1881.)
Birth: Lydia 1802
Marriage: Lydia Siddle to
William Holliday 1839
Elizabeth Siddle circa 1807, Gildersome and
Robert Walker and John Sykes
Birth: Elizabeth Siddle, born circa 1806/7 Gildersome
Marriage: Elizabeth Siddle married Robert Walker,
Death of Robert Walker: 1857
- Sarah Walker
Birth: Sarah Walker circa 1829 i
Marriage: Sarah Walker married George Sykes.
- Oliver, 1839, Gildersome
10 year break
- Jem (James), 1841, Adwalton
- Joseph Walker
Birth: Joseph, 1844, Adwalton or Gildersome.
William, Fanny, Sarah, Mary, Lydia and Albert.
Remarriage of Elizabeth Siddle Walker: 1864 to John Sykes
Death of John Sykes: 1874
Death: Elizabeth Siddle Walker was still alive and listed (as Elizabeth Walker) with
her son, Joseph Walker in the 1881 census in Bradford. She was not listed in the 1891 census.
Robert Walker for more information on Elizabeth
Siddle Walker Sykes.
Henry Siddle (c 1810-?) married Charlotte Pullan
Birth: Henry Siddle, born circa 1810
Marriage: Henry Siddle married Charlotte Pullan 1835
- Pullan Siddle of Gildersome, infant was buried January 8, 1838
William 1841, Drighlington
Marriage: Dewsbury 9b, page 676, 1866 to Hannah Inman
Death: Before 1871
- James Henry Siddle (1847-1923) and Martha ____ Scott
Birth: 1847, SIDDLE, James Henry, Wortley: WORT/12/329,
Marriage: September 1883, Martha Jane Scott and James Henry Siddle Dewsbury
9b 776 (Free BMD)
Death of James Henry Siddle: James Henry Siddle 1923, Gildersome
- Mary A
- Ernest P
Death of Martha ____ Scott Siddle: Martha Jane Siddle, age 77, buried December 12, 1927,
Death: George Edward Siddle, age 30, buried March 26, 1884, Batley Parish .
Jane Siddle (1856) married James H Westermann
Birth: 1856, SIDDLE, Jane, Wortley, WORT/25/455
Marriage: James H Westermann
Death of Henry Siddle: Henry Siddle, age 67, buried May 22, 1877, Gildersome.
- Charlotte Ann circa 1885
- Gertrude, circa 1888
- George H circa 1890
Death of Charlotte Pullan Siddle: Charlotte Siddle, age 91, buried March 24, 1903.
David Siddle (c 1815) and Sarah Marshall
Birth: Circa 1815/1816, Gildersome (censuses), son of Joseph (marriage license).
Marriage: Sarah Marshall, 14 December 1845, St Peter's Church,
Death of David Siddle: 1886, Gildersome Street
- Thomas, born 1846, Gildersome
Marriage: Elizabeth, Unknown
Death: No appropriate listing between 1865 and 1927 in Gildersome Chapel records.
- Martha Emma, circa 1879, Morley
- Sarah, circa 1872, Morley
- Elizabeth, circa 1889
- Fanny, born circa 1851, Gildersome
Death: Fanny Siddle 1890, Gildersome.
Benjamin Siddle and _____
Marriage: Lavinia Charlesworth widow 1879
- John Siddle, born Thulston, circa 1868
- John Siddle
- Joseph circa 1854
- Jonas, born circa 1862, Gildersome
- Frank (Frances), born circa 1863, Gildersome
Death of Sarah Siddle: 1897
Charles Siddle (c. 1819) and Mary Bennett
Birth: circa 1819, Gildersome.
Marriage: Mary A Bennett 1849
Death of Frances Lockwood Siddle:1844
- Alfred, circa 1849
- Fanny, circa 1851
Death of Joseph Siddle: 1849
Hannah 12 Jul 16 Aug 1776, daughter of Thomas Lockwood of
Note: This is the first record for Thomas Lockwood in the
parish. Previous Lockwood records in the parish include:
two marriages (1741 and 1760) and a connected baptism in 1760.
Further Record: Hannah Lockwood singlewoman had a bastard, Elizabeth 13 Apr 19 May 1799
4 year break
Elizabeth Ann 7 Feb 2 Apr 1780, daughter of Thomas
Lockwood of Gildersome clothier,
son of John by Ann his wife daughter of John Oldroyde
Elizabeth daughter of Thomas Lockwood of Gildersome buried 1 August 1782
Thomas date of birth unknown
Death: Thomas son of Thomas Lockwood of Gildersome buried 31 August 1788.
Other Lockwood Records in Batley Parish
Lockwood Marriages in Batley Parish
Lockwood Baptisms in Batley Parish
- WILLIAM LOCKWOOD to Mary Scott 28 AUG 1741 Batley, Yorkshire, England
- JOHN LOCKWOOD to Hannah Lister 07 APR 1760 Batley, Yorkshire, England
Additional Record: See baptism Molly below.
- SAMUEL LOCKWOOD to Mary Oldroyd 10 JAN 1781 Batley, Yorkshire, England
No children in Batley parish
- FRANCES LOCKWOOD to Joseph Siddle 17 FEB 1794 Batley, Yorkshire, England
Children in Batley parish. See above
MARY LOCKWOOD to William Sykes 14 NOV 1796 Batley, Yorkshire, England
No children in Batley Parish
- ABRAHAM LOCKWOOD to Betty Asquith 21 MAR 1803 Batley, Yorkshire, England
No children in Batley parish
- MARY LOCKWOOD to William Fowler 19 APR 1803 Batley, Yorkshire, England
No children in Batley parish
- RACHELL LOCKWOOD to James Smithies 04 MAY 1806 Batley, Yorkshire, England
Sarah, 27 APR 1807,
26 JUL 1807,
Batley, Yorkshire, England,
27 JUN 1809
03 SEP 1809
Batley, Yorkshire, England
Note: With the exception of the baptism of Molly in 1760 all of the Lockwood baptisms in the parish
were connected to Thomas Lockwood.
Lockwood Deaths in Batley Parish
- John Lockwood and Hannah Lister
MOLLY LOCKWOOD 18 JUL 1760 Batley, Yorkshire, England of John 11 Jul 1760 18 Jul 1760
of John above who was married to Hannah Lister
- Thomas Lockwood and Ann Oldroyde
- HANNAH LOCKWOOD 16 AUG 1776 Batley, Yorkshire, England
- ELISABETH LOCKWOOD 02 APR 1780 Batley, Yorkshire, England
- Hannah single woman, daughter of Thomas Lockwood
- ELISABETH LOCKWOOD 19 MAY 1799 Batley,
- Hannah Lockwood 15 jan 1793
MARTHA LOCKWOOD age 4 February 17, 1811
Lockwoods in the 1841 and 1851 Censues in Batley Parish
A quick look indicates that most the Lockwoods who were listed in the 1841 and 51 censuses
in Batley were born in
John Lockwood listed in 1841 born circa 1771
John Lockwood, age 70, woolen weaver living in Gildersome with
Ann Harrison age 20 woolen weaver.
- James Lockwoood born circa 1798 Gildersome in the 1851 Census: 235 Bottoms,
James Lockwood head, age 53, woolen cloth weaver, born Gildersome,
Mary daughter age 21, power loom weaver, Sarah daughter age 17, power loom weaver,
Joseph son age 11 all born Gildersome.
Note: Only Lockwoods born in Batley parish.
Not listed in 1841 in Batley or elsewhere.