Weinmann, Herrnsheim, Germany|
All records from LDS microfilms 0958790 and 0958791 unless otherwise noted.
Herrnsheim (Herrn's heim), meaning Gentleman's Home, was a Catholic village just north of
the city of Worms. The "Gentleman's Home" was the
"schloss" (palace or castle) of the von Dahlberg (Dalberg) family.
MLB, October 2007
Weinmann in Herrnsheim
There were two families of Weinmanns in Herrnsheim in the late 1600s - (Johann) Peter and Johann.
Johann Peter was a witness to the baptism of Johann's son in 1699.
Note: There may to be some connection with the Weinman family to Leiselhem
as two of the wintesses to the baptismals of the Weinmann children were from Leiselheim
(1698 and 1706).
The records for
Leiselheim available through LDS (film #996678) do not go back far enough to contain the possible birth or marriage of
Peter Weinman and his wife Anna Marie. I did not find their marriage in the Herrnsheim records.
Leiselheim is the next village to the southwest from Herrnsheim.
[Johann] Peter Weinmann* and Anna Marie __________ *
Birth: No later than 1675 based on an age of 20 at the baptism of his first
known child in 1695.
1669 based on his death.
"Ludi magistri" - Magistri="master" - Ludi=both "game" and "school".
Schoolmaster or Master of the Game.
He was also listed as "Jurat Ecclesia" = Church juror
Marriage: Anne Marie _________ *
- Marie Eva of Joannes Petrus Weinmann ludi magistri and Anna
Marie his wife, 30 April 1695 witness Marie Eva Lambert(in)
- Agnes Weimann* (c1697-) and Joannes Hartbauer*
Birth: No later than 1697. I rechecked the records and did not see her baptism.
Marriage: She may have married and her husband died. There is a word I cannot read on the
marriage record to Joannes Hartbauer that could be "widow"
Marriage to Joannes Hartbauer: Honest batchelor
Joannes Hartbauer, "minor", son of Balthasares Hartbauer p. m. scabini hujatis
et conjuoum relictus legitimus filius and honesta ac -udua virou (short for virtious?) M. Agnes
Weinman [daughter of] Peter Weinman and Marie his wife, witnesses, Georgus Zipoff and Mathias Heplenge. January
Children: Anna Clara (1717), Johann* (1719), Peter (1721), Wilhelm (1724),
J. George (1725), Marie Elizabeth (1727), Anna Maria* (1730), Maria Barbara (1732), and Maria Elizabeth ((unknown)
Peter and Anne Marie after Agnes's parents? George after her brother?
- Maria Elizabeth daughter of Joannes Petri Weinman ludi magistri et
ecclesia jurat (word I cannot read) and his wife,
Anna Maria April 7 1698 witness Anna Elizabetha wife of Jois Petri Bousts (?) scabini (cannot read last word)
- Maria Magdelena of Joannes Petri Weinmann and
Anna Maria wife December (7 or 9) 1699 witness Anna Elizabeth Lampert(in)
Note: Most often in the Herrnsheim records the child and the witness have the same name.
It is unusual that the child is named
Maria Magdelena and the witness Anna Elizabetha, with neither name being the same.
- Georgius of Jois Petri Weinmann Jurat ecclesia and Anna Maria 30
August 1701 witness Georgius Paulo
Death: 31 Jan 1717 Georgius Weinmann adolescense 15 years
omnibus sentis probiscus(1702)
- Anna of Jois Petri Weinmann and Anna Maria, October 1703, witness Anna Pauli
- Johann Weinmann (1706-) and Maria Margarethe Kruger
Joannes of Jois Petri Weinmann and Anna Maria witness
Jois Rich in Leiselheim 1706, May __
Bachelor Joannes Weinmann son of Joannes Petris Weinman and Anna Maria to the virgin Maria
Margaretha Krieger of Joannes Caspar Krieger and Maria Antonia 2 September 1727, witness Petrus Weinmann and
- Mathias Weinmann of Joannes Weinmann and Anna Margarethe 7 January 1729 witness Mathias Riddelbauer
Death: Mathias son of Joannes Weinmann 3 mos. 21 April 1729
- Maria Appolonia Wienmann of Joannes and Anna Margarethe 17 March 1730 witness
Maria Apolonia Krugerin in Abenheim
Witness: To her sister Catherine's child in 1774
Death: Maria Apolonia Weinmann of deceased Joannes Weinmann filia age 47, 7
September 1777 (1730)
- [Johann] Wilhelm Weinmann (1731-) and Maria Elizabeth Spatz
Birth: Wilhelmus Weinmann of Joannes Weinmann and
Anna Margarethe 25-26 August 1731 witness Wilhelm Miggel carpon et aurend Angleim
Joannes Wilhelm Weinmann of Joannes Weinmann and Margarethe to Maria Elizabeth Spatz of Joannes Spatz and
Catherine, 19 September 1761 dispensation, witnesses D Michael Reiber ludi rectore
and Joannes George Kuhn carpone ad signum Reonis
- Anna Margarethe of Wilhelm Weinmann and Maria Elizabetha, 12 March 1762 witness
Anna Margarethe Spatz of deceased Joannes Spatz
- George Weinmann of Wilhelm Weinmann and Maria Elizabetha witness
George Scheald fabro lignaris 23 March 1764
- Mathias Weinmann of Wilhelm Weinmann and Maria Elizabetha 1 March 1770 witness Mathias
Dehler son of George Dehler scabini
Death: Mathias of Wilhelm Weinmann 5 years 29 November 1775
- Joannes George of Wilhelm Weinmann and maria Elizabetha 21
December 1766, witness Joannes George Sattler son of Joannes Sattler scabino
- Anna Maria Weinmann of Wilhelm and Elizabethe 29 May 1775,
witness Anna Maria Weinmann
Death: Anna Maria of Wilhelm Weinmann Jan 1, 1776
Joannes Petri Weinmann of Jannes Weinmann and Margarethe 29-31 February 1732
witness Joannes Peter Winnmann (no other information)
Death: Jois Petrus Weinmann son of Jois Weinmann 2 years 11 February 1735
- Maria Elizabeth Weinmann (1734-) and Joannes Adam Winchler
Birth: Maria Elizabeth Weinmann of Joannes Weinmann and Anna Margarethe 19-20 December 1734 witness Maria Elizabetha
wife of Jocabi Dehle
virgin Maria Elizabeth Weinmann of Joannes Weinmann and "Anna Margarethe" to Joannes Adami Winchler of
Winchler and Cornelia deceased, witnesses Joannes Weinmann sponsa patre [bride's father] and Adamo Holzemer, Joannes Theodore Ermus et alys,
12 January 1762
- Joannes Leonardus Winchler of Joannes Adami Winclher testoris and Maria
Elizabetha witness Leonardi Rohrig Mormat absentes vici suppervit
Joannes Weinmann 1762 day month
- Catherine Winchler of Adami Winchler and Maria
Elizabeth witness Catherine Elizabeth Weinmann daughter of Joannes Weinmann 12 March 1764
Death: Catherine Winchler of Adam daughter 20 days 4 April 1764
- Marie Barbara Winchler of Adam and Marie Elizabeth (day month) 1765 witness
Marie Barbara Reis wife of Mathias Reis
Marie Barbara Winckler of Adam 17 months 8 February 1767
- Marie Barbara Winchler of Adam and Marie Elizabeth 29 July 1767 witness
Marie Barbara Reis wife of Mathias Reis
Death: Maria Barbara Winckler daughter of Joannes Winkler testoris
and Miria Elizabethe
- Elizabeth Winchler of J Adam and Marie Elizabeth 19 M 1770 witness Elizabeth Franz wife of Andrea Franz
- George Conrad Winchler of Joannes Adami
Wenchler testoris and Maria Elizabeth 6 December 1771 witness George Conrad Weinmann (no other information)
- A Margarethe Winchler of Joannes Adami
Winchler -ini -icus and Maria Elizabetha witness Anna Margarethe Weinmann daughter of deceased Joannes
Weinmann, 5 October 1773
- Andrea of Joannes Weinmann and Anna Margarethe 7-9 November 1736 witness Andreas Leren ludi magestri in
Death: Joannes Petri son of Joannes Weinmann 2 mos. 11 February 1737
- Anna Weinamnn of Joannes Weinmann and Anna Margarethe 28-29 March 1738 witness
Anna Frarly virgo
Caspari circa 1740
Death: Caspari Weinmann son of Jaonnes Weinmann 4 years May 7, 1744
- George Conradus Weinmann of Joannes and Anna Margarethe 4-5 July 1742 witness George
Conradi Sattmeser son of Jurmi Sattmeser inola on Hoffsheim trans Rhein
- Catherine Elizabeth Weinmann (1743-) and George Erdelmeyer
Birth: Catherine Elizabethe of of Joannes Weinmann and Anna Margarethe
7-8 February 1743, witness Catherine Elizabeth Walsdorffheim of Moserrsheim
Witness: To her sister's daughter in 1764
Marriage: virgin Catherine Elizabethe Weimann of
Joannes Weinmann and "Anna Margarethe" to bachelor George Erdelmeyer son of Petre
Erdelmeyer and his deceased wife Anna Margarethe June 21, 1768 witnesses, Peter Erdelmeyer,
Joannes Weinamnn parentibus, Dni George Ziphoff
dicimareum receptore et alys
- George Conrad Ertelmeyer of George
and Catherine Elizabeth Ertelmeyer, witness Conrad Weinmann of Joannes Weinmann May 13, 1769
- To George Conrad Ertelmeyer in 1769 listed as a son of Joannes Weinmann
- To the baptism of his sister Maria Elizabeth's son in 1771
- Anna Marie Ertelmeyer of George and Catherine Elizabeth 15 January 1771 Anne
Marie Zippoff wife of Christopher Zippoff scabini
- Elizabeth of Gerorge Ertelmeyer and Catherine Elizabeth 1774 witness Elizabeth Zipoff
daughter of Joannes George Zipoff deci receptor (twin to Maria Appolonia next entry)
- Maria Appolonia Ertelmeyer gemella cum priore [twin with ??] witness M. Apollonia Weinmann daughter of
deceased Joannes Weinmann -- January 1774, parents George and Catherine Elizabeth Ertelmeyer
- Anna Margarethe of George Ertelmeyer and Catherine Elizabetha 10 December 1776, witness Anna Margarethe Weinmann
- Wilhelm of George and Catherine Elizabeth Erdelmeyer 1779 (day month) witness
Wilhelm Ertelmeyer Hafnia in Dania Domialum habente absente vici supp Petros Ertelmeyer
- Death: Petris Weinmann son of Joannes Weinmann infans 10 November 1744
- Caspari of Joannes Weinmann and Anna Margarethe 3 August 1744 witness
- Petrus of of Joannes Weinmann and Anna Margarethe 1-3 December 1745, witness Petri Frank
- Joannes of Joannes Weinmann and Anna Margarethe 25-36 February 1747 witness
Joannes Sattlery adolescent.
Death: Joannes of Joannes Weinmann 3 March 1747
- Anna Maria Weinmann (1748-) and Arnold Julurs
Birth: Anna Maria Weinmann of Joannes Weinmann and "Anna Margarethe" 7 March 1748 witness Rx D
Germershaufen matrina Anna Maria wife of (page turned cannot read)
Marriage: Virgin Anna Weinmann of Joannes Weinmann and
Anna Margarethe to widow Arnoldi Julurs scabini
in Freimersheim archdiocesus Moguntene 5 March 1764 witnesses
Anthony Caroli Held satia---a and Adami Holzemer et alys
Children: None in Herrnshiem
Joannes Caspari Weinmann of Joannes Weinmann and
Anna Margarethe 23-24 July 1749 witness Joannes Caspari Kriger (no other information)
Death: Joannes Caspari Weinmann October 30 1749
- Anna Margarethe Weinmann of Joannes Weinmann and
Anna Margarethe 24-45 December 1750 witness Anna Margarethe wife of Mathias Issel
Witness: To her sister Maria Elizabeth's child in 1773
Witness: To her sister Catherine's child in 1776
Death: Joannes Weimann 18 January 1773 age 72 (1701) mesor funentorum
Death of Anna Margarethe Weinmann:
Jois Jacobus Weinmann of Jois Petri and
Anna Maria witness Jois Jacobi Pauli, 17 July 1708
Death: Jois Jacobus Weinmann of Jois Petri Weinmann 9 months May day 1709
Matthias of Jois Petri and Anna Maria March 16, 1713, witness Matthias Hwert
Death: Mathias Weinman age 4, 7 March 1717 death (1713)
Johan Peter Weinmann as a witness:
- Bapt in Leiselheim in -orib- pistoris (cannnot read word) Adami (?)
Joannes Petros filio of Joannes (no last name entered) Pistoris and Anna Maria his wife, witness Joannes
Petrus Weinmann of Herrnsheim p.t. ludi mastri, 1698 (day month)
- The son of Johann Weinmann in 1699, see below.
Death of Joannes Peter Weinmann: 25 April 1739 Joannes Petrus Weinmann age 70 (1669)
Death of Anna Maria Weinmann: 10 April 1740 Anna Maria Weinmann widow age 64 (1676)
Johann Weinmann, Cornelia ____ and Maria Barbara Evert
Birth: No later than 1674 based on an age of 20 at the baptism
of his first known child in 1695.
1694 Joannes Weinmann, Cathol and Cornelia (two words) Cathol
- 1695, January 6, baptism of the son of Jois Weinmann and
Cornelia his wife,
Catholic witness Jois Diederich, Herrnsheim
Death of Cornelia Weinmann: (day too dark)
May 1695 death Cornelia wife of Jois Weiman Catholic
Marriage: Jois Weinmann "vid" (widower) et Maria Barbara daughter of
Sebastiian Evert in Hernsheim 20 January 1696
Other Records for Weinmann
- Anna Christina of Jois and A Maria Barbara Weinmann November 4, 1696, witness Anna Christina Hanken
- 1699, February (cannot read day page turned)
baptism Joannes Petrus of Joannes Weinmann and Marie Barbara wife witness Joannes
Petrus Weinmann eclessia hujas jurat et pit(?) ludi [game or school] moderatori
[moderator= governor, guide, manager]
- Joannes Gerardus of Jois Weinmann and Maria Barbara Aug 3 1701, witness Joannes Gerardus Beckerle
20 month 1720 death of Margaretha Weinmann age 100 annorum exfineta ert?
inopina morte -nllis semtis pavenna
- Unfortunately, many cemeteries in Germany removed the old graves and grave markers
(if they existed) to make room for new burials. Consequently there are not many old
grave markers in modern cemeteries. The cemeteries that we have visited are lovingly maintained
with beautiful flowers. Herrnsheim's cemetery was no exception. We did not find any Göhle
graves. There were a few new graves for Harbauers and the Arnold and Bardong
names were very common. The only older tombstones were for former burgermeisters. There were also a
few older markers
for fallen soldiers - including one for Bardong and one for Harbauer.
- The church records were recorded in Latin and the civil records were recorded in German.
The church records were recorded in
the Catholic Parish Church of St Peter in Herrnsheim.
The records for Herrnsheim were (more or less) written in Latin.
The spelling of the names varied depending, I think, on the whim or the person
recording the event. "in" was added to most female surnames, but not all.
Endings for male names varied with "us", "i", "o" being most common.
However, in the case of Jo(h)ann it sometimes ended with "e".
Most female names ended with "a".
Herrnsheim Images and Information
For information on Herrnsheim and images of the village
Peter Goehle in New York City
For information on Peter Goehle and his family in New York city go to
Goehle in Herrnsheim
Louise Harbauer married Franz Goehle. They were the parents
of Peter Goehle who immigrated to New York City. For more information on the
Goehles in Herrnsheim go to
Goehles in Herrnsheim
Johann Hartbauer was married to Marie Agnes Weinmann.
For more information on the
Harbauers in Herrnsheim go to
Phillip Heyl married Anne Marie Margareth Wallreuther.
For more information on the
Heyls in Herrnsheim go to
RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Goehle Homes in New York City
Peter Goehle Junior
New York City Pictures
New York City Tenement Life